Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pure Leadership RV Tour: Behind the Scenes


Current Vermont Gov. Jim Douglas came to the aid of gubernatorial candidate Lt. Gov. Brian Dubie this past weekend on a two-day tour across Vermont. It consisted of eight rallies in seven counties. Together they promoted Dubie’s vision as outlined by his 26 page ,ten-point plan for growing jobs and building Vermont’s economy.

Take a look now behind the scenes at the Dubie/Douglas Pure Leadership RV Tour and inside Governor Jim Douglas’ imagined thought bubble.

"I believe strongly in Brian's candidacy," Douglas said of Dubie. "I believe he's the best person to lead our state for the next few years."
Right .I believe strongly he wins only if a miracle happens and that’s the only reason I let them haul me out here on this Pure Leadership RV Tour. What’s with all this creepy ‘pure’ stuff anyway? Suppose that language must bring in the fringe money. That Texas money guy Brian had dinner with, Crow was his name, the one with all the statues of dictators he must like that. Why did the Dubster get hooked-up with this out of state campaign crew? They don’t know Vermont from Texas or Virginia anyway.
Next few years’ .Oh hell if Brian tanks young Gibbs will be all set to glide in after his grooming tour as Vt. Secretary of State.
Note to self: remember to tell Jason to watch that late night driving. Can’t afford to lose anyone our line-up is pretty thin now.


Douglas noted. "What we need is balance in Montpelier,"

Man that’s Brian, pure Brian all right, a great big counterweight, door stop, or anchor.
That’s balance.


Douglas said, citing Shumlin's proposals for government-run health care and universal preschool. "I think we know what happens when politicians make promises."
Heh,promises,promises yeah I’ve been there, Jim=Jobs, E-State up and running by 2010, man, the stuff that I pulled off in this office.

Asked whether Dubie ever lobbied him on issues, Douglas couldn't provide an example, but he said, "Brian is not at all reluctant to tell me how he feels about things in a respectful and cordial way.”

Provide an example! Ah, the remaining Vermont press. They want an example! I should give it to them. Lord, I don’t think I had a serious conversation with Brian in eight years. He always drones on about how he’s an airline pilot and then I zone out and almost doze off. How long is this RV tour for eight stops?
Ugh,paid my dues, the stuff I do for this party… going to owe me big-time after this Pure Leadership RV Tour.


Unimagined quotes from Burlington Free Press

No comments:

Post a Comment