Friday, April 17, 2009

Noir Friday


Maltese Falcon 1941
Here Ward Bond as Det. Polehouse ,Barton McLane as Lt. Dundy and Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade exchange some fedora intensive noir dialogue from John Huston’s Maltese Falcon .This was the second movie version of the Dashiell Hammett novel.
An earlier version was made ten years before in 1931 and is now available under the title The Maltese Falcon / Satan Met a Lady

Det. Tom Polehouse :What time did you get home?

Sam Spade :A few minutes ago. I was walkin' and thinkin' things over.

Det. Tom Polehouse :We know. We tried to call you.
Lt. Dundy :Where'd you walk?

Sam Spade - Bush Street.

Lt. Dundy: Did you see anybody...

Sam Spade: No....No witnesses.Well, I know where I stand now.
Sorry I got up on my hind legs, but you tryin' to rope me made me nervous.
Miles gettin' killed upset me, then you birds crackin' foxy.
It's all right now that I know what it's all about


Det.Polehouse: Forget it, Sam.

Sam Spade: Thursby die?

Det. Polehouse: Yep.

Sam Spade : How'd I kill him? I forget.

'You birds crackin' foxy'...they don't write stuff like that anymore and we are poorer for it .

No comments:

Post a Comment